Thursday, January 10, 2013

Permission Granted! Love, Facebook


by M. J. Joachim
Tossing, turning…

I was so exhausted when I went to bed (at 8:15 pm) last night.

And then a loud, shrill scream from the bathroom…crickets and teenage girls scarcely make friends. It’s even worse when you’re trying to write about tossing and turning last night.

Brought my current book with me and read a couple chapters, before heading off to – no, dreamland wasn’t overly welcoming for me last night…

It’s those darn Facebook statuses. One of the last ones I read had me feeling like such an under-achiever. Hate it when that happens, don’t you?

So I got up and worked on my website. It had been on my list of things to do – you know the one that somehow never gets done, because you’re plum worn out before you can get to everything.

Why do we make such long and busy lists anyway?

Oh, and then there’s that little part about being human, after all. We simply can’t sit and research and type at our computers all day, every day. Well, based on that Facebook status I read, apparently some people can, just not me.

And then I saw it…

“Note to Self: Relax. I am enough! I have enough!I do enough! p. s. ok, love more!”

Did I really need to read another status on Facebook to give myself permission to go to bed and have sweet dreams?


Admit it. You can relate!

Happy Thursday everyone!

M. J.

Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons, Public Domain