Friday, February 8, 2013

48 Reasons to Celebrate, Each and Every One of Them Counts!


by M. J. Joachim
I’ve got 48 reasons to celebrate today, and I’ve earned each and every one of them!

Now while most women are shy about revealing their age and what-not, I’m the one who breaks the mold on that score. I’ve always been a bit of a rule breaker, come to think of it. Drove my parents crazy too!

But hey, when you’ve got seven older brothers and sisters, and your parents have pretty much been there, done that, by the time they get to you, you need to make up some new antics they might never have seen before, right?

As for gray hair, mine are well-earned. A few years back, I kept a promise made off the cuff – told my kids one day I was gonna dye my hair purple. They held me to it! So for a few short months, I covered my gray. Not too long after that, I donated 11 inches of it to charity and decided to go all out, dyed it bright red. Now I’m in the midst of growing it out long again – to repeat the cycle, minus the dye jobs.

And guess what?! The City gave me an amazing gift for my birthday! For the past couple of days, they put one of those huge garbage bins, directly across the street. All of us neighbors can clean out our homes, yards, garages etc., dump loads upon loads of garbage, and never rent or borrow a truck to take all that stuff to the dump! You have no idea how long I’ve been procrastinating cleaning the garage! This is one of the best birthday presents I’ve ever received!

On that note, I’ll move along and start my blog hopping! Celebrating is the name of the game and I’m more than a little bit in the mood to exercise my blogging rights, paint the town red, raise the roof, and just have a good time today!

Before I go, I’ll leave you with a special pic my son sent me from his cell phone the other day. He was up at the river, picnicking with his girlfriend, when he spied this beautiful cardinal!


Thank you for visiting Effectively Human!

Until next time, I wish you every good thing!

M. J.

©2013 All Rights Reserved