Friday, February 22, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things 022213


by M. J. Joachim

Today I am celebrating my husband, the wonderful man I married some 20+ years ago. Oh, it’s not our anniversary or anything. He’s simply one of the best people I’ve ever met, and this is a good opportunity to say so.

I’m also celebrating my kids today. My youngest is 17 now, and it feels really good to know Mom can still make all three of them shake their heads and wonder what she’s up to sometimes. Thanks for reminding me I haven’t lost my touch and manage to keep you on your toes, dear wee ones! I know. I know. But you’ll always be wee ones to me!

Family is in fact, a very huge thing to celebrate. Too often, we get caught up in day to day life, forgetting how huge family really is. I’m celebrating the small things relating to family in this post today. As I walked the dog yesterday, I smiled at a few memories of moments with my husband. Later in the day, my kids and I laughed over a few of my flash fiction stories. My oldest is in college a few hours away. She calls and texts me, sharing her life, the life of my grown up child…small moments captured in my heart. Yes, I’m celebrating the small things about family today, but make no mistake, family is and always should be the biggest celebration of all!

Not much else goes with the theme I’ve started here, so I’ll leave you to the rest of your blog hopping.

Oh and don’t forget to Celebrate the Small Things!

Happy Friday, good people!
Until next time, I wish you every good thing!

M. J.

©2013 All Rights Reserved