Saturday, February 9, 2013

Fascination with Nature


by M. J. Joachim
The sun was just coming up the other day. I raced out to capture a few pics on my camera. I kept them on my desktop all week, because people seem to enjoy it, when I share these types of photos on my blog.

A myriad of thoughts goes through my mind about this, and they span a wide range of topics.

People are fascinated with nature, especially interesting and changing aspects of it. We are soothed by its beauty, terrified by its strength and awed by its limitlessness.

Nature evokes emotions both realistically and symbolically. We see, feel, smell, taste and hear nature, using all of our senses. We translate nature into something personal, allowing it to speak to us personally. Sometimes we share those thoughts, other times we internalize them. Almost always, if we are attentive, we learn from them.

Interpreting nature is easy to do – and there’s no right or wrong answer. Some people are freaked out about the massive Nemo storm happening this weekend. Rightly so! Others are taking time to play in the snow. Both ends of the spectrum – both absolutely correct reactions and responses.


I happen to really enjoy the sunrises and sunsets where I live. No two of them are the same and all of them are beautiful. Nature’s beauty speaks to me. Hold that thought…the sun’s about to set, and I might be able to capture some more photos to share another time.


Thank you for visiting Effectively Human.
Until next time, I wish you every good thing,

M. J.

©2013 All Rights Reserved