Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Forgetting to Remember What Counts


by M. J. Joachim
I did it again. I simply forgot, even though only moments before, I thought about adding a title to my latest blog post on Lots of Crochet Stitches…went back and edited it in, after the fact.

That’s the second time this week…the other one was on my Writing Tips blog; today’s focus is IWSG – the Insecure Writer’s Support Group. At least I know what my next topic will be for that one.

Forgetfulness happens. It just does. Blame it on age – or insecurities. Blame it on anything you want. The fact remains, our brains can only process so much information at a time, and when we rush through it, trying to move onto the next thing at record speed, we’re bound to forget something! Even when we don’t rush through it…honestly, I’d been rushing all morning, and I wasn’t rushing when I put together and posted today’s crochet page, we tend to forget things.

It’s hard not to get upset with someone who forgets YOUR STUFF. It’s harder still to remember all the times people hoped you didn’t forget THEIR STUFF. And that my friends, is the reality of it! It’s STUFF, JUNK, THINGS …

We all have a tendency to be absent-minded sometimes. Maybe it’s time to be okay with it. Maybe it’s time to change our perspective on this whole forgetfulness issue and focus on people, instead of what they do or forget to do for us. Maybe it’s time to REMEMBER WHAT COUNTS!

Thank you for visiting Effectively Human.

Until next time, I wish you every good thing.

M. J.

Photo credit:  The Forgetful Professor, Per Lindroth (1878 – 1933), PD - US
©2013 All Rights Reserved