Thursday, February 21, 2013

Liebster Love Time…


by M. J. Joachim

And the Winner is…

Thank you, Nancy LaRonda Johnson from Writer’sMark, for sharing the Liebster Award with me. This was her first blogging award to share, so I hope you’ll visit her announcement post and give her a nice high five in the comments!

Does your name have a backstory? Were you named after someone, does it have a special meaning, etc.
Depends on which name we’re talking about and who you ask. My maiden name, Smith, is one of the most popular names out there. I’m pretty sure there are a few backstories being passed around for that one.
What’s the one thing you wish you could brag to everyone about?
Not too into bragging rights. I do what I do. People either like it or they don’t.
What’s your favorite word and why?
C’mon…I’m a writer, and you really want me to choose only one word…if that’s the case, I’d have to stick with THE WORD – as in the Holy Bible.
If you could eat as much of anything you wanted without stopping until you could pop whenever you wanted, what would it be?
Food, glorious food! Yea, not going to be able to narrow that question down to one item anytime soon – sorry! Truth be told, given the right recipe, even foods I didn’t think I like tastes good these days!
What’s the one thing you wish you could say to your spouse/parents/siblings/best friend but haven’t?
Consider it a curse or a blessing – depends on the situation, I suppose, but I’ve been known to be rather blunt on more than one occasion.
If you could make someone in your family the MC in a book or story, who would it be and what type of character would they be?
Like I said in my comments on your blog, upon finding out about this award, you asked me some really tough questions here!
If you could be a #1 NY Times bestseller for the one book you’ve written and can ever write, or be a relatively unknown writer of many books, what would you choose and why?
Fame and vanity – two things that are highly overrated, in my humble opinion.
Who’s your favorite actor and in what movie?
I’ve never been star struck. If the script, directing, graphics etc. are good and the actors portray their characters well, I applaud their work.
If you could only have a TV or stereo system (and no other music playing device), which would you pick?
Nature! I’d completely unplug and just go outside!
Would you rather vacation somewhere hot or cold, and where would that be?
If it’s somewhere new and exciting with interesting things to see and do, who cares what the weather is like? Just let me bring my camera and have a good time!
What’s your most controversial belief?
Depends on who you ask, I suppose. I will say I’m most passionate about standing up for the unborn and being prolife.

I’m supposed to pick eleven bloggers with less than 200 followers to share this with now. Here goes nothing…


I’ll admit - it was tough finding blogs with less than 200 followers for me. This is a good list, with current (or soon to be current, because they’re getting ready for the A – Z Challenge) blogs.

Next step for this award is a list of questions for all of you…
  • Fried or scrambled? I am not talking about your brain after a very long day here!

  • Silently passionate or passionately silent? You know there’s a difference. Use your creative writing skills to expand on it.

  • Given these 3 ingredients (flour, water, salt), what would you make? Bread is not an option here.

  • If X + Y = Z, why doesn’t Z – X =Y?

  • Hot or cold? Think chocolate! Think chocolate!

  • Darts or ping pong?

  • Mugs or cups & saucers?

  • Home-cooked, take out or restaurant dining?

  • Seashore or mountains?

  • Rocks or thorns? 


And that concludes my acceptance of being nominated for this fun and exciting Liebster award! Ta dah!

Tomorrow I get to Celebrate the Small Things with Viklit. Hope to see you then!

M. J. 

©2013 All Rights Reserved