Monday, February 11, 2013

The Rude Factor


by M. J. Joachim
There’s a certain qualification that lends itself to The Rude Factor. One has to work extra hard at being mean. One has to be so obvious in their attempts to make a point that the word “stupidity” comes readily to mind.

Not toward the person they are being rude to, mind you. No, this one is on them, like the sign saying, “Kick me,” they don’t know is on their back.

Nothing like subliminally screaming to the entire world, “I’m a complete jackass!” The Rude Factor does just that, for everyone who employs it. 

They think they’re being so darned smart, these inconsiderate ignoramuses, boldly making a statement against others who mean no harm. The only statement actually declared is, “I’m rude and I can get away with it.”

They can’t, of course. No matter how hard they try, every time they belittle and treat someone else like crap, it comes back to them ten-fold.

Is it any wonder they’re so darned miserable? Personally, I think it’s pretty obvious, and it is a little something I like to call The Rude Factor.

Before I go, here are a few pictures of today’s sunrise for you. I caught them before it started raining.




Thank you for visiting Effectively Human.
Until next time, I wish you every good thing,

M. J.



Photo credit:  Anger During a Protest,
David Shankbone,
GNU Free Documentation License
©2013 All Rights Reserved