Monday, April 8, 2013

Global


by M. J. Joachim

It’s a different world these days. Change toward the global trend has been in the making for as long as I can remember. It makes sense, and it’s about time technology caught up with it, in spite of the fact that many of us are having trouble keeping up with technology changing so fast.

I can’t help but think that the world has been global forever, even if we didn’t recognize it as such. If you’ve ever participated in a prayer chain, you know exactly what I mean. Most of the time, people don’t know half of the people praying for the intention or cause, yet it continues to be prayed for and passed on so more people can pray for it in turn.

The difference is how we exercise our global reach these days, and the pace in which we do so.

I don’t know about you, but the concept of global gives me pause every time I sit down and type on my computer. It gives me pause every time I hear a large company was hacked or get an email relating to the possibility that something may have been compromised and “all systems are go”to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.

Global is amazing, wonderful and phenomenal. It’s also a reason to check ourselves, resist the urge and temptation that in any other environment could never be our downfall, but in the world of “GLOBAL” could be our undoing before gravity knocks us to the floor.

Thank you for visiting Effectively Human.

M. J.

Photo credit:  Ruhrtalbruecke-Sonnenuntergang, Tuxyso, Finalist Picture of the Year 2012, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
©2013 All Rights Reserved