Friday, April 19, 2013

Quiet


by M. J. Joachim

Shhh….

Take a moment….

Take a long moment and listen to the quiet in your heart.

Some of our best inspiration and peace comes from spending quiet moments with ourselves, listening to the breeze, nature and life as it happens all around us.

Call it what you will – prayer, meditation, centering etc.

Quietly gather yourself, in spite of all the noise and activity happening all around you.

Go ahead. Indulge – not to hear the voices in your head, but to delight in the rhythm of your heart. Breathe deep and relax. It’s okay; the world will keep spinning, I promise. 

And you’ll feel so much better, once you take a brief moment or two being quiet, finding your inner peace and knowing everything is as it should be and perfectly okay.

Celebrate the Small Things - Hosted by Viklit

Today I will celebrate all the men in my family named Quentin:

My dad – I miss you so much, but know you’re always near.
My oldest brother – Couldn’t ask for better!
My nephew and sister’s son – Such a great kid, indeed!

Thank you for visiting Effectively Human.

M. J.

Photo credit:  Blue Mountains, Namiac, Creative Commons Attribution – Share Alike 3.0
©2013 All Rights Reserved