Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Get Healthy Blog Hop

by M. J. Joachim

Please greet our hosts and pay their blogs a visit:











And now for your feature presentation…

Step away from the computer...

Move those limbs around…

Obviously sitting in a chair and reading or crocheting, in the other room or on the patio, doesn’t count.

Rejuvenate your spirit, intoxicate your mind and infiltrate your senses…
Pick a destination, some place you actually have to go to that clears your mind and heart.

Walk, without headphones and with eyes wide open, breathing in the beauty of your surroundings, capturing the essence of where you are.

It’s one of the best things I’ve done since taking to the computer so much. Just to get out of here for a while and breathe, makes all the difference in so many aspects of my life. I’m happier and more peaceful. My body hurts less, because it’s getting what it needs, exercise.

Our bodies aren’t the types of machines that can sit around and do nothing all day. They have needs, among them making the necessary movements they were designed to do.

I walk at a local park. It has a lake and there are all sorts of natural habitats throughout. I take the dog and together we walk around the lake (almost, usually – I make a point to do it, but sometimes life interrupts my plans) every day. Then I let the dog off the leash to play in the big open grassy area. It’s got all these little hills and we wander up and down them, playing and chasing each other in the grass.

Now that it’s warmer, I’ve started swimming again too. Mornings are for walking before it gets too hot. In the afternoon, I enjoy spending a half hour or more swimming a few laps and doing various water exercises in the pool. It’s relaxing and cools me off a bit.

Short answer – moving your body and letting it do what it is designed to do is a great way to get and stay healthy.

Thank you for visiting Effectively Human.

M. J.

©2013 All Rights Reserved