Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Gluten Free – Day 3


by M. J. Joachim

July 29, 2013 – Day 3

My energy levels were so much better yesterday. Man, did I get a lot done – physical work, stuff I would have normally spread throughout the week, and then when I was all finished, I swam a few laps in the pool. Shortness of breath between heavy exertion levels was noticeably much less too.

I did have a couple bouts of heartburn yesterday, something I normally eat a small slice of bread and drink water to alleviate. Obviously bread was out of the question. I fell back on an ancient Native American remedy I learned and drank raw potato juice mixed with water. (Juice of 1 raw potato + 1 cup water) This remedy helped me get off heartburn medicine for good years ago, and it’s positively one of the best heartburn remedies I’ve ever tried. (Again, I’m not a doctor. Do not take this as anything other than shared personal experience. This is my disclaimer.)

At the end of the day, as expected, I was tired. The difference is that I didn’t “need” to take the edge off after so much physical activity. My fatigue was completely normal, not sending every nerve in my body into a tizzy fit at all. It wasn’t that long ago when a small cocktail before bed would be in order after such a day, just to take the edge off and help me fall asleep. No need or desire for that last night. I was tired and things naturally took their course, without excess pain to prevent the natural progression of sleep from happening.  Sleep was good. I woke up feeling very relaxed and refreshed.

Gluten Free Series Posts



Thank you for visiting Effectively Human.

M. J.

©2013 All Rights Reserved