Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ouch!



by M. J. Joachim

What do you get when you put eight siblings in a house full of their mother’s things to be divided and distributed to all?

I have to admit, I was human last weekend, and probably not effectively so. Nerves made of steel, I have not. Mush, with a few hollers thrown in to express and release the pain of it all. 

Poor analogy here, but it’s kind of like having a toothache or thorn in your paw that you just can’t fix or make go away. You’re trying so hard to be okay with it, but every once in a while, you just need to yelp and say, “This hurts, darn it! This hurts really, really bad!” 

Yea, I did that. I also let the tears flow. The only thing left to do is accept the things I cannot control, change the things I can and want to, and be wise enough to know the difference.

That and learn as much as I can from the lessons life’s been teaching me lately. Would that I could absorb and learn from it all!

Thank you for visiting Effectively Human.

M. J. 

©2013 All Rights Reserved