Friday, March 7, 2014

Baby, It’s Cold Outside! - Celebrate the Small Things 030714

By M. J. Joachim

Time for another edition of Celebrate the Small Things, hosted by VikLit.

I’m celebrating living in a warm climate today, and being home after a week in very cold temps. I’m also celebrating the amazing life of G. G. – my husband’s grandmother who passed recently at the age of 94, on her 75th wedding anniversary; this leads nicely into my celebration of strong and beautiful marriages. Grandad is doing as well as can be expected, under the circumstances. And I’m celebrating family – we all have one, but few of us can pull it off like my family in Indiana. I’m more than blessed to have married into such a wonderful group of people.

On that note, I’ll leave you with a few pics of icy, snowy and beautiful Indiana. For the record, 0 is not a temperature. I had to laugh when the forecaster said they were looking forward to the thermometer climbing up to freezing (32 degrees Fahrenheit) in the coming days. It didn’t while I was there, but I hear it will soon. I think my lowest temp experience was -20, bone chilling cold. It stayed in single digits for most of my visit, and made its way into the 20’s toward the end of our journey.






Yes, it is cold out there! I have a new appreciation for people who have to live in these frigid climates. None-the-less, I discovered how truly beautiful the season of winter is.

What’s the coldest temperature you’ve ever experienced? How about the hottest? If you could live in an extreme cold or extreme hot climate, which would you choose and why?



Thanks for visiting and commenting on Effectively Human today.

M. J.


p.s. Alex, my blog friend is trying to reach 2,000 followers on his blog this weekend. The guy is only 3 followers away. Soooo...if you aren't following Alex, you might just be one of the THREE he is counting on to follow his blog. Just saying, you might want to go see what's happening over there.

©2014 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit: M. J. Joachim - first photo: icy marshland/woodlands, Monterey, Indiana; 2nd -frozen Maxinkuckee Lake, Indiana; 3rd - frozen cornfield, Culver, Indiana; 4th & 5th photos - Miami, Indiana ©2014 All Rights Reserved