Thursday, April 24, 2014

Letters to Self: You are Uniquely Qualified to be You

Letters to Self is a Self-help series written by M. J. Joachim, designed to encourage and promote healing and self-awareness for those who read it.




Dear Self,

You are uniquely qualified to determine the best character traits within yourself. You are unjustifiably wrong to be so hard on yourself, hiding the best parts of you from the world. Get off your own back and unbiasedly be the you you are meant to be. There’s no value in being your own worst critic. It never makes you happy anyway, so why bother?

Now I fully understand all the negative messages you say and repeat to yourself over and over again, to diminish what I’m trying to say here. You need to understand how unnecessary all this self criticism really is.

There are enough people willing to put you down in life. It’s quite simply not your job! Instead, I want you to understand how unique and truly amazing you really are. I want you to give yourself positive messages about you, and I want you to believe those messages.

You are sensational! Do you understand me? Repeat what I am saying, “I am sensational! I am sensational! I am sensational!”

Now believe it and know how uniquely qualified you are at being you, a beautiful and phenomenal person in this world!

Love,

Self

©2014 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit: Jeremy Hawkins, A - Z Co-Host