Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Delicious Recipes: Mom’s Adobo Chicken (from the Philippines)

by M. J. Joachim

Gluten free if needed, easy and quick to make, meat dish

This recipe was one of my favorites growing up. You could smell it half-way around the block, whenever Mom made adobo chicken. Served with rice, fresh veggies and salad, dinner was always a hit when Mom made her delicious adobo chicken.



Ingredient List
1 Frying chicken cut into pieces (I used a package of precut thighs)
1 clove garlic crushed
1/2 cup garlic vinegar (I infused rice vinegar with garlic for a few hours, since I couldn’t find garlic vinegar)
Flour to coat chicken

Cooking Steps
Wash and cut chicken
Flour each piece of chicken
Mix ingredients in baking dish
Put chicken in dish and turn it over
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, turning once, for approximately 45 minutes

Check to see if it is necessary to add a little water (or chicken broth) to pan during baking, to keep it from getting too dark while the chicken cooks thoroughly.

I used gluten free flour to coat my chicken. It worked just fine.

So glad you stopped in to visit and dine with me today. Sure hope to see you again real soon.

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit: M. J. Joachim ©2014 All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely, might have to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete