Monday, May 12, 2014

Letters to Self: Anger Management

Letters to Self is a Self-help series written by M. J. Joachim, designed to encourage and promote healing and self-awareness for those who read it.



Dear Self, 


Wow, do you ever get angry sometimes. And rightly so on many occasions. Please remember, it’s what you do with that anger, how you channel and release it that matters most. There are healthy ways to deal with anger, and not so healthy ways to deal with anger. The choice is yours, and only you can train yourself to manage your anger well.

Expressing yourself takes a certain finesse at times. It’s not always advisable to spew your emotions on the world. Releasing your emotions is important, but not if you do it in an unhealthy way that only makes you kick yourself. You know when you’ve crossed those lines. You know when you lose control and unleash way more than anyone deserves of your wrath.

Take heed. All is not lost. You can right the wrongs from unwarranted angry attacks on your fellow people, whoever they may be. You can also work to improve this difficult part of your personality, getting better as each day passes by. 

I believe in you, and you’ll be so much happier if people actually listen to the points you make when you are upset, rather than tune you out as a noisy, out-of-control maniac, who doesn’t deserve the time of day.

Love, 

Self

©2014 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit:  Flanker, Angry Wasp, Public Domain

3 comments:

  1. So true. I've usually been pretty calm in my life, but there have been times in the past when I've let my anger be known. The result is typically feeling bad, embarrassing myself, and/or breaking things. In the past 20 years I've learned to vent my anger in more calm ways with a far more rational approach.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I'm putting the healthy ways into practice and what a difference they make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get angry, at some one superior to me, I really cry. I cannot talk back in such situations. The crying is embarrassing, especially at work.

    ReplyDelete