Thursday, May 1, 2014

Letters to Self - Reflection

by M. J. Joachim

When I started writing Letters to Self, I had no idea how it would be received, or the impact it would have on myself and others. We all needed this series, something that’s been expressed time and time again. We all appreciate the encouragement and food for thought here, and should revisit these and other (yet unwritten) Letters to Self in the future. 

I thought long and hard about what to do with this series upon its completion. Last night it came to me. I’m going to continue this series right here as a regular feature on this blog. It will be in addition to other posts about other topics, meaning there will be more than one post per day at times. Letters to Self is written in the moment, when the inspiration strikes me or when I need to give a gift to myself, so I keep moving forward or in the right direction. I don’t know about you, but my road is usually all over the map, and rarely proceeds directly forward.

I’m dedicating a special page for Letters to Self at the top of this blog. It’s there so you can always have access to whatever letter you need, at any given time. Feel free to email these letters to yourself and others, as the need or desire arises. I’ll be adding to this page - there are so many more Letters to Self we all need to write, read, digest and discover. I have no idea what they are yet, so we’ll be on this journey together.

That said, I’ve a couple Letters to Self simmering in my heart, as well as a few recipes I need to write up for you, and some other “earth-shattering” topics to discuss here this month. Some of you know, I got very sick the latter half of April. I’m doing much better now, though I’m not quite back to my usual energetic self. I’m getting there, so thank you for your prayers, patience, friendship and continued support, as I work through the new experience of having pneumonia. Yea, didn’t see it coming, and will check this off as one of those things I never need to do again.

On that note, thank you for your visits, comments and encouragement. You guys are the best, and I really appreciate your kindness.

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit: Кисляков. Original uploader was Анна Астахова (wikipedia), "Автопортрет", CCA-Share Alike 2.5 Generic License