Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Children We Lost & Need to Find

by M. J. Joachim


It all started with a dream about Mikelle Biggs, a young girl from Mesa who went missing 15+ years ago. I’ve been thinking about sharing stories of missing persons on this blog for a long time, and here I was dreaming about a girl I first heard about so long ago.

The only thing left to do was search - on Google, I mean. I needed and wanted to find out more, so I could create a post that might make a difference, or at least make one that would be passed around, so as many people as possible might start thinking about Mikelle again, giving new eyes to her plight and perhaps getting more people involved with helping to find her. 

My work was temporarily diverted when I realized how many missing children there actually are, and discovered all the websites dedicated to finding them. I still plan on sharing as many individual stories as I can here, but for now, I want to share some websites which have been sharing these kids stories for a long, long time. 

Maybe you have the tiniest bit of information that might bring one of these people home. Maybe you have children of your own, and could never imagine being a parent in this circumstance. Maybe you love kids and because of that, want to help in any way you can. Maybe it’s not a child, but a grown up who went missing.

For this I ask, please share this post with as many people as you can. Please look at the sites I’m listing and virtually adopt one or two children or people you find there. Make a point to help their families find out what happened to their children. We are an effectively human community here, and together we can make a difference. Together we can offer the smallest bit of comfort to those searching for their children who have vanished.

Thank you!

M. J.

Missing Children Databases & Resources

Help Find Missing Children (on Facebook) Log into your Facebook account, search for this group and join it. 

Find Missing Kids 





This list is not all-inclusive. If you know of a site or resource dedicated to helping find our missing loved ones, please add it in the comments. Thank you!

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved Photo credit: Mikelle Biggs Missing Poster Photo